If you live in a rich society you are probably experiencing the same daily rush as I am.
You know the “get up, exercise/do yoga/do meditation (or a combo of the 3), work, eat properly, read and go to bed” ?
How the hell in all of this are we supposed to find time to do a good grocery shopping, cook properly and take time to actually sit and enjoy our meals ?
Since I left Europe the amount of time I spend eating has significantly reduced. I usually have my lunch in 15 minutes, 30 minutes for dinner when I am lucky.
I know it’s terrible for the digestion and I should take time to eat more consciously but…hey ! I eat healthy first, let’s take this thing step by step.
I am always looking for ways to improve my meal prep and make my life easier. Preparing a smoothie has come to one of the best options. I usually prepare a mix of several fruits, or fruits and vegetables and for after my training, I love my combo banana-protein powder.
7 reasons to make smoothies more often:
- The most obvious one: it taste good
- It helps you keep regular meals during the day with a busy schedule
- It allows to increase the intake of fruits and vegetables (generally we don’t have enough)
- It boost your protein intake (which also tend to lack of quantity and/or quality)
- It helps fight the cravings
- It boost your metabolism
- Depending on your ingredients it keeps you awake in the morning or help you to sleep
Let’s be honest here: my smoothies never look as good as the one in this picture. I don’t take time to make them pretty for pictures. My goal is to prepare smoothies that are tasteful and with a big amount of nutrients. If it’s pretty, it’s a bonus.